mach4um

Leadership (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to Revise an Email So That People Will Read It

Harvard Business author David Silverman has this checklist to consider when revising emails: 1. Delete redundancies. Say it once. That's e…

Started by Kathryn Jackson

0 Apr 20, 2009

The Halo Effect: How managers let themselves be deceived

I appreciate this author's (Phil Rosenzweig) approach to business research. According to this book review, he eloquently illuminates our ge…

2 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Paul Roemer

Re-thinking Risk Management: Why the Mindset Matters More Than the Model

Great article about risk management. It details the complexity of evaluating the risk of our managerial decisions - that the risks cannot b…

0 Apr 16, 2009

3-minute Lesson on Being a Leader and Follower

I'm trying something new - my Light Bulb moments. Episode 1: "But I followed her!" is now available. Take a look and let me know what you…

0 Apr 15, 2009

Nine Ways to Devastate Productivity

How many of these do you do? Take a look, take action, and help others achieve more! Intro: "We talk a lot here about how to increase your…

0 Apr 8, 2009

Creating Powerful Presentations

If you give any presentations, review this webinar. Great ideas. Nancy Duarte, principal of Duarte Design and one of the guru’s behind Al…

0 Mar 20, 2009

Leadership Principle: Practicing Integrity

Exercises to help develop a leader’s integrity. Practice integrity: Commit yourself to raising the level of conscious action, moral beha…

0 Mar 10, 2009

Are Big Goals a Burden to Business?

This blog asks the questions: "Do highly ambitious and stretching goals that significantly raise the bar help or hinder organisational perf…

1 Feb 17, 2009
Reply by Richard Natoli

Downturn an opportunity for long-term reforms

There are a lot of articles about the cost cutting in the downturn. I like this one because it is simple, presents good support for ideas,…

0 Feb 6, 2009

What Percent of Your Staff Can Recite Your Company's Strategy (and their contribution to it)?

The following article talks about corporate culture. The statement that resonated with me was that only 27% of the respondents felt their e…

0 Feb 5, 2009

RSS

© 2018   Created by Kathryn Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service